The House of Saint Faustina

This object is included as part of the itinerary of The Route of Divine Mercy and Vilnius Saints.

The Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy, the order St. Faustina belonged to, came to Vilnius in 1908 and established a convent in Antakalnis. The sisters cared for women, former prisoners and juvenile offenders, also tending to a military hospital, baking bread and washing clothes. The convent had a large garden from which several apple trees remain still today.

Faustina lived at the Mother of Mercy Convent in Vilnius from February 21st until April 11th in 1929, and from the end of May in 1933 until March 21st, 1936. It is estimated that St. Faustina experienced about 80 visitations of Jesus while in Vilnius.

The only remaining building of the convent, the one in which St. Faustina lived, has been restored. In her recreated cell, relics of St. Faustina and Bl. Fr. Michael Sopocko are venerated. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy, which was dictated to St. Faustina in this very building of the convent on September 13-14, 1935, is prayed every day at 3.00 p.m.. The text of the Chaplet in the Lithuanian language was approved in 1942 by Bishop Mecislovas Reinys, who at the time was an aide to the archbishop of Vilnius.

House is opened
Monday–Sunday – 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Chaplet of Divine Mercy is prayed daily at 3 p.m.
To arrange a tour call +370 674 57966
You can donate to the House of St. Faustina:

Vilniaus piligrimų centras
Company code: 305627846
AB SEB bankas